finished!

I bound this shawl off the same evening I finished my last paper.  It was quite a day for finished projects.
This a pretty straightforward project: stockinette until I got bored; a simple eyelet and garter-ridge pattern repeated a few times until I started to run out of yarn; a garter-stitch border to keep the edges flat.  Easy-peasy.  And fully of soft bunnies!
The only little bit of cleverness is the mirrored decreases in the eyelet portions: right-leaning to the center stitch, left-leaning to the edge.  A silly detail hardly noticeable.
Unfortunately — or perhaps fortunately — it’s been much too warm here in the Northwest to get any actual wear out of this shawl, as the wool/angora blend promises to be quite toasty and soft.
ETA: I kinda fell down on the details.  So here’s the dirt:
pattern: my own, but it’s just stockinette and some eyelet rows
yarn: Cindy’s Treasures 85/15 wool + angora, 2 skeins (each 212 yds.)
needles: US8/5.00mm
size: wingspan = 54″, center depth = 26″
started: June 11, 2009
finished: June 26, 2009
All the details + more pictures here, of course.