After four — yes, four — tries, I finally got an acceptable heel. I don’t know what happened. It just didn’t work out. But now I have a lovely short row heel without holes thanks to misocrafy. I’m glad I didn’t frog the whole thing after all.
The sock is coming right along. I’m even starting to contemplate binding off methods.
I’ve been weighing both the sock and the skein (and the needles, of course) with maniac frequency and, yes, I will have enough yarn. Also, in odd news, my other skein of Lana Gross Mega Boots Stretch (in brown) is 150g, not 100g. I think I paid the same amount for both skeins, despite the 50g difference — or, rather the 45g difference (thank you Mr. Kitchen Scale).
And that’s all I have to report. Going to the library definitely interferes with my knitting time.