Well, I certainly didn’t mean to disappear there for a while. Let’s catch up, shall we?
I went to Milwaukee for a conference. And had a good time — saw some good panels, got some good feedback, caught up with a few friends, rode the polka escalator (at the Milwaukee Convention Center, definitely worth the visit), saw the Bronze Fonz. You know, the usual.
And the memorial to letter carriers. That was a kind of happy accident, as it’s tucked back on a quiet street. Or, at least, a street quiet late on a Sunday afternoon.
Then, what I’d been waiting for! My sister was in Milwaukee in the spring — also for a conference — and she told me about Mader’s. It was fantastic, and so so much fun after a German studies conference. And the perfect way to end my first trip to Milwaukee.
And, surprisingly enough, there’s even been a little time for knitting. Though not nearly as much as I might hope.
Still, I managed to finish up the i-cord bind off on the body of my Walnuss — now to battle my way through the sleeves. I really do think this has interview-cardigan potential …
I also finished up Budgie a week or two ago — it’s a very quick knit. The seaming, however, is giving me fits: I don’t know what it is, but I simple cannot get the sleeves to seam evenly. At the time, I thought “maybe i’ll just knit these in the round” … then, decided I’d follow the pattern. So, really, I brought this upon myself. Still, I’ve got some time to figure it out.
I used some ancient stash Kureyon for the contrasting stripes, and I really love how the colors worked out on the body and sleeves. It took a little fancy footwork to make sure everything matched up, but definitely worth it in the end.
However … not so with the i-cord edging. Looking back, it probably had something to do with picking up too few stitches, resulting in unsightly bunching. At the time, I decided to just go with garter stitch to finish. We’ll see, I might go back to the i-cord. If I ever get the arms seamed, that is.
Now, I just hope it will fit …